When browsing the AsiaSat website, your IP address (the unique address that identifies your computer on the internet) will be automatically logged by our web server. IP address information is used to allow us to compile general statistics and broad demographic information about our website, such as the daily number of visitors to our site. Such general statistics may be shared with our affiliates or subsidiaries and will be used to improve our website and services. No personal information will be collected about you (i.e. your identity will remain anonymous).
COLLECTION OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
On our website, you are given the option of contacting us online, either via email or by filling in a contact form. You are under no obligation to provide this information. The information that you send us may include your name, title, email address, etc. Such information will be kept strictly confidential as required by the Ordinance and will not be disclosed by us to anyone outside of AsiaSat in a form that would identify you without your prior consent unless it is required by law.
You agree that personal information that you provide to AsiaSat may be used as follows:
- for the purposes of processing your enquiry and improving our services to you or our website generally;
- providing you with regular communications from us regarding AsiaSat and its services, or the satellite industry generally;
- investigation of complaints or suspected suspicious activities;
- prevention or detection of crime;
- disclosure as permitted or required by law, regulation or government agency;
- aggregated statistics or behavioural analysis; and
- other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
From time to time, with your consent, except to the extent you have already opted out or in future opt out, we may use your personal information for direct marketing to you or your company in relation to business opportunities between your company and AsiaSat. You can withdraw your consent, or ‘opt-out’ from any such direct marketing at any time by contacting us on the address or email address below.
We will erase or de-identify your personal information when they are no longer needed for any of the purposes stated above.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Any personal data held by AsiaSat is treated as confidential and shall only be disclosed as required to satisfy the purpose for which the data was collected (or a directly related purpose) as follows:
- to AsiaSat’s parent company, subsidiaries or companies controlled by or under common control with AsiaSat;
- government and regulatory authorities, law enforcement agencies or similar;
- AsiaSat’s legal advisors or other professional advisors; or
- a person or company acting by or on behalf of AsiaSat in the normal course of our business, such as for data management or distribution of mailing material.
Asia Satellite Telecommunications Company Limited
Privacy Compliance Officer
15 Dai Kwai Street,
Tai Po Industrial Estate,
New Territories, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2500 0888
Fax: (852) 2576 4111
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and while we will use all reasonable efforts and take all practicable steps to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and any such transmission is therefore done at your own risk.
AsiaSat reserves the right to revise or update this policy at any time without notice. You are advised to review this policy on a regular basis. If AsiaSat decides to update, revise, modify or amend this policy, AsiaSat will post those changes to this webpage and/or other places AsiaSat deems appropriate.