Protect your C-band Service
In response to the imminent rollout of 5G services across the Asia-Pacific, AsiaSat has begun the development of 5G interference rejection bandpass filter (BPF) since mid-2018, as one of the various mitigation measures to protect our customers’ C-band traffic against out-of-band interference due to the deployment of 5G networks.
This new filter is co-developed by AsiaSat’s product team who has extensive experience in space filter specification design, simulation and hardware testing, and the microwave expert in Hong Kong and hardware vendors experienced in ground telecom filter manufacturing.
Following soft launching in mid-June 2019, this new BPF with a series of models is now available for volume distribution. The BPF-3700S model is the first in the series introduced and specially designed for 5G spectrum requirements for China and Hong Kong SAR markets. Its performance has been verified by the Academy of Broadcasting Planning of the National Radio and Television Administration (NRTA). The BPF-3800R and BPF-3800S models are available for markets such as South Korea and Australia. Latest models BPF-3646, BPF-3660, BPF-3700T and BPF-3900S are also launched for other markets across the Asia-Pacific, such as the BPF-3900S model which is the most suitable for the Middle East market.
AsiaSat BPF’s Key Benefits
- Flexibility: Customised solution for different 5G bands different countries. A series of models available with optimised rejection and passband to reject 5G spectrum up to 3.6, 3.7 and 3.8 GHz
- Performance: Excellent RF performance on both the in-band and out-of-band
- Compact: Standard WR229 interface, 12cm length and less than 530g mass. One of the shortest and lightest BPFs in the market
- Reliability: Warranty up to two years, the longest in the market, which assures safe use of the BPF products
Field Test Results
- Out-of-band 5G interference rejection: Can suppress interference signals from 5G base stations in less than 100m with full power transmission
- In-band satellite carrier link margin degradation: AsiaSat BPF in-band result outperforms other filters over the standard FSS C-band frequencies. Below is the satellite TV carrier MER degradation test result, compared to the performance of the configuration without a BPF
The compact size AsiaSat BPF installed between the antenna OMT output and the LNB input in a 3.7m TVRO antenna.
Interested in installing a BPF for your antenna? Watch our new video below.
|AsiaSat 5G BPF Product Leaflet||VIEW PDF|
|AsiaSat 5G BPF-3646 Spec Sheet||VIEW PDF|
|AsiaSat 5G BPF-3660 Spec Sheet||VIEW PDF|
|AsiaSat 5G BPF-3700S Spec Sheet||VIEW PDF|
|AsiaSat 5G BPF-3700T Spec Sheet||VIEW PDF|
|AsiaSat 5G BPF-3800R Spec Sheet||VIEW PDF|
|AsiaSat 5G BPF-3800S Spec Sheet||VIEW PDF|
|AsiaSat 5G BPF-3900S Spec Sheet||VIEW PDF|
|AsiaSat 5G Interference Rejection Bandpass Filter White Paper||VIEW PDF|
|AsiaSat White Paper : A Real-World Case in Solving a Problem with BPF Installation||VIEW PDF|